And yes, our client is hiring in the corona economy / COVID-19 economy. We recognize this is a stressful time for everyone, including you, and we want to try to make things as easy and transparent as possible. During this time we are keeping regular, open, and honest communication with our clients, getting answers to questions on their hiring process, offer process, and onboarding process. We are happy to share this information with you during informational conversations and answer any additional questions you have.
Ready to learn more?
Our Midwest client is looking for an Assistant Actuary to join its team. In this role you will be a technical project manager, where you will take the lead or collaborate on actuarial projects within and outside of your department.
- Developing new insurance products, advising on design, pricing and implementation in collaboration with underwriting and product teams
- Compiling, analyzing, and developing rate level indications, proposals, experience reports, and actuarial studies in order to influence leadership’s support of rate and product changes
- Performing analysis on loss reserving, risk capital, planning and then making recommendations to enhance the process and improve profitability
- Developing actuarial predictive models, driving innovation and process improvement, while collaborating with internal and external stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Developing reports that advise management to take action through strategic decision making in achieving company goals and objectives
- Commitment to expanding your actuarial skillet, including the latest methods, tools and technologies in addition to industry / actuarial trends and competitive landscape
- Coach and mentor other analysts and actuaries within department
- Comfort with travelling as needed for the role
- You have at least seven (7) years of actuarial experience in an insurance, Property & Casualty (P&C) environment
- You are an Associate of the Casualty Actuarial Society (ACAS) or Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society (FCAS)
- Advanced Excel Skills (examples: Array formulas, complex multi-tab workbooks, pivot tables, visual basic macros)
- Proficiency in Programming Languages such as SAS, R, SQL, VBA
- Proficiency in statistical modeling software (examples: SAS STAT, SAS Enterprise Miner, SPSS Modeler, R, and Emblem)
- Advanced Project Management Skills
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Strong Communication Skills
- Ability to Influence Peers and Management
Click HERE to apply.