Director & Actuary, Capital Management – Michigan
Our Michigan client has asked us to find a capital management actuary to manage a team of actuaries and actuarial analysts. In this role you’ll work on a broader team responsible for enterprise risk management (ERM), capital management, and special projects. You will be responsible for all capital-related projects and initiatives, and you will work with senior executives to understand issues around solvency, scorecards, and ratings. Most excitingly, you will be responsible for mergers and acquisitions (M&A) evaluation.
My client is a multi-line carrier located in Lansing, MI. The city is home to five major insurers, two universities, and a burgeoning tech center. Lansing is known for its natural beauty and recreational activities, such as Lansing River Trial, a biking and hiking trail approximately 13 miles long running along the Grand and Red Cedar rivers. In addition, Hawk Island park is an all-season park that features hiking, swimming, and snowboarding.
- You will manage two teams of actuaries and actuarial analysts
- You will be responsible for all M&A evaluation
- You will be lead all capital modeling and allocation
- You will consult with senior leaders on capital matters
- Fellow, Casualty Actuarial Society (FCAS), CERA desired
- Ten (10) years of relevant Property & Casualty (P&C) insurance experience
- Five (5) years of management experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of capital modeling
Click HERE to inquire or submit your information below.