And yes, our client is hiring in the corona economy / COVID-19 economy. We recognize this is a stressful time for everyone, including you, and we want to try to make things as easy and transparent as possible. During this time we are keeping regular, open, and honest communication with our clients, getting answers to questions on their hiring process, offer process, and onboarding process. We are happy to share this information with you during informational conversations and answer any additional questions you have.
Ready to learn more?
Our Michigan insurance client is seeking a Data Scientist to join its growing team in Detroit. In this role you will support a variety of operational, pricing, and underwriting stakeholders with the creation and implementation of predictive models. You will also manage projects related to your analyses and models.
- Provide technical and quantitative analysis for predictive modeling group
Assist in statistical data mining and actuarial research by applying advanced statistical concepts
- Use computer technology, computer modeling, spreadsheet applications, software tools, and programming languages
- Participate in and responsible for projects requiring advanced statistical analyses, innovative research, mathematical calculations, and technical skills
- Conduct research utilizing predictive modeling and then interpret data and identify correlations using both univariate and multivariate analysis.
- Prepare and deliver summary reports to assigned company areas and work to determine actionable steps
- Develop custom, and easy to understand models that enhance business processes taking competitor intelligence and user experience using pattern recognition, evolutionary computation, and machine learning algorithms
- Lead communication of predictive model results, implementation and maintenance plans internally
- Train team members in predictive modeling and other analytical tasks.
- Candidates should have a minimum of five (5) years of predictive modeling, actuarial or data science experience
- Master’s or PhD desired, but not required
- Proficiency in R, SQL, and SAS
- Team player
- Database Manager
- Ability to train others
You will really impress us if you:
Have an advanced degree in statistics, actuarial science or applied mathematics
Click HERE to apply