And yes, our client is hiring in the corona economy / COVID-19 economy. We recognize this is a stressful time for everyone, including you, and we want to try to make things as easy and transparent as possible. During this time we are keeping regular, open, and honest communication with our clients, getting answers to questions on their hiring process, offer process, and onboarding process. We are happy to share this information with you during informational conversations and answer any additional questions you have.
Ready to learn more?
Our Chicago Specialty Lines client is seeking an Assistant Actuary or Actuary to join a small team as a project lead where you will get to be heavily front line focused. You will be building, maintaining and automating processes, analysis and reporting for the Specialty Lines Business. You will be looked to provide meaningful insights into the business impact of changes in actuarial analyses, processes, and/or analytical methods. This role is ideal for someone who loves the actuarial space, thrives in a small team and entrepreneurial environment. You respond well to being rewarded through exposure to front-line operations and senior management (in addition to compensation and benefits of course!)
NOTE: Strong candidates with a proven track record can be remote.
- You will be crucial to the development, the design of tools, and the design of processes which will be used for rating models and in order to assess rate adequacy
- You will assist in the company’s rating plans, rates, factors, and pricing tools, including state rate filings
- You will support the development and maintenance of the internal actuarial database
- Your work and collaborations with other departments will contribute to overall efficiency efforts at the company
- You will provide support in the preparation of regular reports and actuarial financial exhibits
You will have at least five (5) years of experience in an actuarial function and familiarity with the rate filing process, loss reserving and the financial reporting process and at least five (5) Casualty Actuarial Society (CAS) exams completed. You have a strong proficiency in model and process development. You have strong communication skills with the ability to distill down complex technical concepts for peers to the executive level.
You will really impress us if:
- You demonstrate a passion about the actuarial profession and can work seamlessly with the business and your business partners
- You are an Associate (ACAS) or Fellow (FCAS) of the Casualty Actuarial Society
Click HERE to apply.